Sunday, May 30, 2010

Asparagus Bug-a-sus

More Bugs.  {shiver}
These are on the other side of our yard. And there are bunches.



See the red guy in focus at the top right? And random out of focus bug-a-boos, here and there in the pic?

They're Asparagus Beetles.  We have two kinds.  I'll spare ya the pic of the other type, I'm sure you get the idea.



Sooooo, soap to the rescue  - again.


Here's Steve - picking adult beetles off, and putting them in a bucket of soapy water.


And then, we sprayed down the plants with our Fragrance Free Hand Wash - diluted with water.

Absolutely NOT what I had in mind for our hand cleanser when we made it.  BUT, I feel safe using it on our plants and in our yard.

Tired of hearing about our bug problems?  ME TOO.  


Of course, it is nice to know our soaps are multi-purposed.  Still, I'd rather NOT need it for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment